Request Appointment for Dental Abrasions
Dental Abrasions Carson, CA
At Care Dental Center, we know that chipped and uneven teeth can make you feel self-conscious about smiling. Our top-quality dental abrasion treatments will restore beauty and strength to your teeth.
Dental abrasions are not only cosmetically unappealing, but they can also cause disruptive and serious damage to your overall health. That is why our office provides the very best in dental abrasion treatment, so your smile can continue feeling and looking amazing.
What Is A Dental Abrasion?
A dental abrasion occurs when your tooth’s surface has suffered an abnormal amount of wearing down. It typically shows up as a v-shaped nick present on the bottom of your tooth. A dental abrasion can be caused by many harmful factors and habits, including:
- Brushing your teeth with too much force
- Regularly consuming food and beverages with a high acid content
- Piercings in the mouth that hit against teeth
- Utilizing a toothbrush with hard bristles
- Clasps on your dentures that are ill-fitting
Symptoms of Dental Abrasions
A dental abrasion can lead to very serious and disruptive oral health problems, including exposure and damage to your nerves and tissue. Dental abrasions are also unattractive and can have a negative impact on your appearance. Some symptoms to look out for include:
- Consistent and disruptive pain in your teeth
- A sore and uncomfortable feeling present in your gums
- Heightened tooth sensitivity to hot and cold food and beverages
- The appearance of tiny v-shaped dents on the bottom of your tooth, close to the gum line
How Can I Prevent a Dental Abrasion?
Our practice is ready to help you treat any unwanted abrasions! Our skilled and patient Dr. Omid Barkhordar uses innovative techniques and technology and his expertise to deliver you quality dental abrasion corrective care. Once your treatment is complete, there are several habits you can implement to help prevent the development of future dental abrasions, including:
- Following the proper teeth brushing guidelines from Dr. Barkhordar
- Halting harmful habits such as chewing pencils or your nails
- Making sure your dental appliances fit properly
- Visiting our office twice a year for your dental checkups
- Brushing your teeth with the appropriate amount of force
Get Back To Loving Your Smile!
Give us a call at (310) 626-0004 and we’ll schedule your consultation today so we can restore the health and shine of your smile!
101 W. Carson St.
Carson, CA 90745